Make it Faster: Use jarred garlic and pre-shredded cabbage.
Change it Up: You can also use red cabbage or both red and green cabbage for this recipe.
Nutrition Tip: Read labels and be sure to choose low-sodium soy sauce.
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon, you can also use canola oil
- onion - 1 small, sliced
- garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- head of purple or green cabbage - 1, sliced into strips
- low-sodium soy sauce - 2 tablespoons
- rice vinegar - 1 tablespoon, or apple cider vinegar
- salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions and cook until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in cabbage and cook until it is just starting to soften.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar and cook until cabbage has just softened.
- Remove from heat and add salt if desired.
- Serve while still hot.