- Yield: 3/4 cup per serving
- Prep Time: 55 minutes
- Serving: 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 216
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Cholesterol Content: 26mg
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 544mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Supreme Mashed Potatoes
Make it Faster: Make the recipe with low-sodium or no salt added canned carrots.
Prep Tip: Refrigerate carrots in a plastic bag for up to two weeks.
Change it Up: Carrots can be eaten whole, sliced into sticks, cut into rounds, chopped, shredded, and cooked.
Nutrition Tip: Look for low-sodium varieties of canned or frozen carrots.
1. Combine potatoes and carrots in large pot. Fill with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and reduce heat to simmer until vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
3. Drain pot and keep 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
4. Mash potatoes, carrots, and garlic with a hand masher.
5. In a small pan, heat chicken broth and butter over medium heat until butter melts.
6. Slowly stir broth mixture into the mashed potatoes.
7. If necessary, add the reserved cooking liquid until potatoes reach the desired thickness. Serve hot.