- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 244
- Carbohydrate Content: 52g
- Fat Content: 3.4g
- Fiber Content: 4.3g
- Protein Content: 4.1g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 250mg
Peaches and Waffles
Whole grains make a difference!
Prep Tip: Most delicious when served hot.
Change it Up: Try canned peaches too.
- whole grain waffles - 4, frozen
- water - 1.5 cups
- sugar - 3 tablespoons
- brown sugar - 3 tablespoons
- cornstarch - 4 tablespoons
- vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
- peaches - 4, fresh, peeled and diced
- nutmeg - dash of nutmeg or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- In a large sauce pan, combine the water, brown sugar, white sugar, and cornstarch.
- Bring mixture to a boil while stirring and boil until the mixture thickens. This should take about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the nutmeg or cinnamon and vanilla.
- Fold in diced peaches until peaches are well coated and combined with the mixture.
- Toast waffles in the toaster and serve peach sauce warm over waffles.