- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 133
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Fat Content: 1.4g
- Fiber Content: 6.2g
- Protein Content: 6.8g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 467mg
Simple Bean Pasta
Prep Tip: To keep the pasta from sticking together rinse it in cold water after you drain it.
Change it Up: Make one of more of the following substitutions: frozen green beans for canned or fresh, cooked rice for pasta, choose any other kind of canned bean for the beans in this recipe, or roasted red peppers for fresh red peppers.
Nutrition Tip: Choose low-sodium salad dressing when available and rinse canned beans.
- pasta - 2 cups, cooked, elbows, spirals, bowties
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- green beans - 1/2 pound, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces, cooked and rinsed in cold water, or one 14 1/2 oz can whole green beans, and rinsed
- red pepper - 1.5 cups, chopped
- pinto beans - 1 cup, canned, rinsed and drained
- kidney beans - 1 15 oz can, rinsed and drained
- Zesty Italian Dressing - 1/4 cup, low-fat or fat-free
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta until done, but slightly firm. (Follow package directions.) Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta, green beans, pinto beans, peppers, kidney beans, Italian dressing, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
3. Serve chilled or at room temperature.