- Yield: 1 cup per serving
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 35
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 159mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Creole Green Beans
Prep Tip: Wash green beans and snap off (or cut) both ends before cooking.
Change it Up: Keep washed, cut green beans in the fridge for a quick, healthy snack.
Nutrition Tip: Look for low-sodium canned varieties.
- vegetable oil - 2 teaspoons
- small cloves garlic - 2, chopped
- cut green beans - 1 (16 ounce) package, frozen
- red bell pepper - 1 cup, chopped
- tomatoes - 1 cup, chopped
- celery - 1/2 cup, chopped
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- cayenne pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
1. Heat oil in large skillet over low heat.
2. Sauté garlic in oil for 1 minute.
3. Add green beans and bell peppers; increase heat to medium and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Stir in rest of the ingredients and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. Serve hot.