- Yield: 1 cup each
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 244
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 407mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Sweet Potato Hash
Make it Faster: Cut up the sweet potatoes the night before making the recipe. Store in a container in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook.
Prep Tip: Do not wash sweet potatoes until you are ready to cook them.
Change it Up: Dip strips of sweet potatoes in egg and bake on a lightly oiled pan at 425° for 25 – 3- minutes to make sweet potato fries.
- liquid oil, such as extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
- bell peppers and onions - 2 cups, frozen or fresh, chopped
- sweet potatoes - 2 pounds (about 2 medium potatoes), peeled and cut into small cubes
- cumin - 1 teaspoon
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- red pepper flakes - 1 teaspoon
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté bell peppers and onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium.
4. Cook for 20−25 minutes, stirring frequently. Sweet potatoes may begin to stick to the skillet, but continue to stir gently until they cook through. Serve hot.