- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 154
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Fat Content: 7.2g
- Fiber Content: 2.3g
- Protein Content: 0.9g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 9.4mg
Sweet & Spicy Slaw
No cooking needed!
Prep Tip: For an extra pretty dish, use different colors of apples and cabbage.
Change it Up: Add other chopped or shredded veggies such as carrots, radishes, cucumber, onion, or peppers.
Nutrition Tip: Cabbage and apples are both very good sources of fiber which helps keep your heart and stomach healthy.
- cabbage - 4 cups, chopped or shredded
- apples - 2 medium, finely chopped, skins left on
- raisins - 1/2 cup
- apple cider vinegar - 3 tablespoons
- olive - 1/4 cup (or canola oil)
- honey - 1/4 cup
- ground red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon, or 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon, optional
1. In a large mixing bowl toss cabbage, apples and raisins.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper.}
3. Pour liquid over the cabbage/apple mix and toss.
4. Serve as a side dish, or as a topping for sandwiches in place of lettuce.